Click on mixing bowl to view
Web site design by Flanco Enterprises
Lime Tart: Crostata Di Limetta
By Fred Flanagan
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour for Pie Shell.
1/2 cup sugar
4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 shot Bushmill (for the chef) mmmmmm
another pie pan add some weight bake approx 10 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, and sugar.
- Add the butter into the dry mixture until it is the consistency of fine bread crumbs.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and 1 egg, mix well, kneading slightly.
- Form dough into a ball and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Blind Bake the pie crust. Cover the formed shell with wax paper and
- With weights removed bake 5 minutes.
- You can use gram cracker per-made pie shell. Use 9-inch pan. For pie shell
4 eggs, separated (yoke for mixture)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Limes zested, plus 5 Limes juiced (depending on the size of Limes)( juice should be 3/4 cup.)
1/2; box Lime Jello 3oz
constantly, until the mixture becomes thick, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Separate 4 eggs
- Mix 4 egg yokes, 3/4; cup sugar; lime juice lime zest and 1/2 small box Lime Jello
- Transfer the mixture to a double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the 4 egg whites until very stiff and fold them into the cooled lime mixture.
- Spread the Lime filling over the pie shell and bake for 15 minutes, or until the filling is thoroughly
Just do it!
- Slight browning on top is fine,
- Cool at room temp and then refrigerate to cool.
- I like to serve with whipped cream and blackberries.
|FRED'S 50'S DINER LIME TART